Marching into March!

Today is the first and only day Of 2013’s March.  March is mostly known for St. Patrick’s Day!  Also on St. Patty’s Day, it’s a very important person’s birthday.  He helped me create this blog, it’s:

Mr. Avery’s Birthday!  

Did you know that this year, the holiday, Easter, is now on March 31!  I never thought that Easter could be ever in March,  I always expected that Easter is always in April,  I guess wrong!  During March, my mom and dad had surprised my 2 brothers, Michael and Brett, my sister Taite, and I.  That we are going to Vermont at Smuggler’s Notch, from Snowboarding to Snowmobiling and swimming around.

What do you think about having Easter in March?

Have You ever been to Vermont?

Did you ever go snowboarding or snowmobiling before?

6 thoughts on “Marching into March!

1. Dear Tristan,
    Happy Birthday to Mr. Avery! Easter was such a surprise, I always thought it was April too! Vermont sounds so much fun! I wish I could go there. I have always wanted to snowmobile and snowboard. See you soon!
    From,
    Emily

2. Dear Tristan
    Thank you for your comment on my blog. I am a literacy coach at Shanghai American School, so now I don’t get to write many posts with students which is a shame.
    I was pleasantly surprised when I visited your blog to see the title-I really like the font!
    Yes, I agree that it is unusual to have Easter in March. I wonder how the dates for Easter are decided each year. We will begin our Spring break for the first week of April. It sounds like you will be on your break at the same time.
    I have not been to Vermont, or been snowboarding.
    I am from New Zealand, have you ever been to New Zealand?
    Have a great vacation in Smuggler’s Notch.
    Regards
    Mrs. Toa
    http://teachers.saschina.org/stoa/

• Mrs. Toa,

I have never been to New Zealand nor Vermont. It’s my first time ever going to Vermont. It must have been fun growing up through the New Zealand culture, but going to a different country and then fitting in with a new, different culture. I hope you really enjoyed my blog!

Tristan~ 🙂

• Hi Tristan

I didn’t really notice the New Zealand culture until I left! Then I realized how special it was to me.
        I now live in China, which again, is a totally different culture. It’s amazing to not be able to read the signs, or talk the language. I am very lucky to be immersed in a totally different environment and learn so much.
        I looked at Smuggler’s notch online. It looks cold! Good luck with your snowboarding.
        Mrs. Toa

• Mrs. Toa,

Well this upcoming weekend I’m going to Smuggler’s Notch, and it just so happens that we New Englanders were just hit with a small snow storm, however I lost power for about 2 hours and didn’t have internet until 2 days later, when we called our cable people to help fix it! So, there’s going to be so much snow there by when we go. Also since we are leaving my house on Saturday, we are going around 5:00AM – 9:00AM, and it’s a 5 HOUR LONG DRIVE! But it will totally pay off when I finally go on my first snowboarding vacation!

Tristan~

3. Dear Tristan,

It will be very different having it in March. It won’t feel the same. I have been to Vermont before but I was little and I don’t remember.I have been snowboarding before. I actually just went this Saturday. It was so much fun. I wrote a blog post about it this week. http://www.arisafari.edublogs.org
    From,
    Ari